25 February 2010

PTC

Parent teacher conferences are weird. We sit around for 4 hours, half of which we're actually with a parent. 90% of the kids whose parents we see are the star students who are trying to figure out how to get from an A- to an A. I try grading stuff, but right when I get into it somebody shows up. We had midterms go out last week. This week all the 9th graders get with the counselors in meetings with their parents looking over grades and test scores. And as you can see, I have more than enough time to blog in the middle of it.

I also performed the National Anthem for my US History class today. woot!

1 comment:

  1. My last couple weeks in of the school year I left ten minutes at the end of each class for free talking and open no-holds-barred questions; though they're usually too shy to show it, my students are exceptionally curious about American culture and my personal life. One of my students asked me to sing a song - something I was not expecting. I had just seen the movie Amazing Grace so I sang that.

    ReplyDelete